The Dome Camp Behavior Policy
The Dome’s intent is to give every camper an equal opportunity to have fun in a safe and positive environment.
Instructions from The Dome’s staff must be followed at all times, as they are critical for the safety of all our campers. The Dome requires every camper to adhere to our expectations of appropriate behavior. Following is a list of behaviors which are not tolerated:
- Disobedience of Dome staff’s directions or instructions
- Violence or threats of violence
- Vulgarity, foul language, epithets
- Disrespect toward any camper or staff member
- Intentional disruptiveness
- Inappropriate sexual behavior
- Any other behavior which threatens the order, safety, or dignity of The Dome’s camp, campers, or staff
The Dome will address behavior issues on the spot, with these measures available to the staff as they deem appropriate:
- Verbal redirection/reminder of rules
- Verbal warning
- Time-out, away from regular activity
- Call to responsible adult
- Call to responsible adult for immediate pickup
Information about significant or persistent behavior issues will be provided to a child’s responsible adult(s), either by telephone, e-mail, or in person.
Behavior incidents requiring parental intervention will be handled in a “three strikes” fashion: after two discussions of behavior with a responsible adult, the third incident can result in disenrollment from the camp and a refund of any remaining attendance fees.
Significant behavior incidents can be grounds for immediate disenrollment from the camp and a refund of any remaining attendance fees, at the discretion of The Dome’s staff.
By sending kids to camp at The Dome, parents and guardians are agreeing to allow The Dome staff to determine the appropriateness of any behavior, including any not listed here.