Cook Inlet Soccer Club: Postponed
Anchorage Youth Soccer Club: Postponed
Anchorage School District: Postponed
All of us at The Dome are thinking of our neighbors worldwide who are being affected by the ongoing outbreak of COVID-19. The Dome is a facility focused on healthy activity, and a center for a huge community of wonderful people who care about each other. As the COVID-19 coronavirus continues to be a concern for so many of us, we wanted to share with you what The Dome is doing about the virus and what you can do.
The Dome is following guidance from the health experts at the Centers for Disease Control, the State of Alaska, and the Municipality of Anchorage, and we are continuing to consult with various user groups on their plans. If plans change as the situation develops, we will continually update our website with current information.
- The Dome’s nightly janitorial service has always cleaned “high-touch” surfaces every night and is continuing to do so.
- Our staff is sanitizing all of our high-touch surfaces every hour while we’re open.
- Although we’ve always sanitized our turf regularly, we have temporarily increased our sanitizing frequency to the maximum advised by the manufacturer.
- We’ve increased the frequency of our track cleaning from 4 to 5 times per week.
- We’re adding new informational health-focused signs and additional hand sanitizer dispensers throughout the facility.
As much as we love seeing so many wonderful friends every day, we ask anybody who isn’t feeling well to stay home. Here are some simple things you can do to protect yourself and others:
- The single most important measure to take is to wash your hands frequently, using soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds. Hand sanitizer is a valuable tool when soap and water aren’t available, but handwashing remains the very best option.
- Avoid touching people, skipping handshakes in favor of elbow bumps or friendly waves.
- Avoid touching your face and cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue.
- Although we are cleaning our gym equipment even more frequently than before, we advise you to wipe it down before use with the provided sanitizing cloths.
The Dome will continue to base our decisions on the recommendations from public health experts. This facility exists because of all the wonderful support we get from everybody in our community, and we are incredibly grateful for the energy and hard work everybody is putting into helping our friends and neighbors stay safe.