The Dome runs camps for kids ages 6-12 during each of the Anchorage School District's vacations: Summer, Winter Break, and Spring Break. We work hard to keep kids safe and help them have a ton of fun every day!
Thank you for your interest in working at The Dome's camps! We are always accepting applications. To start the process of applying, you need to fill out this entire form and also attach your resume as a PDF. We will reach out to you as soon as we have had time to review your submissions!
- Keep 120+ kids safe with a team of counselors
- Work closely with fellow counselors, staying in constant communication and cooperating to keep a large camp running smoothly
- Guide campers through fun activities throughout the day according to the schedule
- Communicate information about positive and negative behavior to campers' parents/guardians
- Supervise campers on field trips once each week
- All counselors must be 18 or older.
- To be a Dome camp counselor, you need to be safety-minded, fun, positive, and eager to work with other counselors. You must be able to manage children with calm authority and guide them through a busy, activity-filled day.
- Counselors must be able to work at least 4 weekdays each week.
Qualifications & Training (all provided)
- First aid, CPR, and AED
- Concussion awareness and prevention
- Criminal background check
- Behavior management
wage and hours
$15/hour, plus overtime. The job may be full- or part-time, depending on demand.