The Dome runs camps for kids ages 6-12 during each of the Anchorage School District's vacations: Summer, Winter Break, and Spring Break. We work hard to keep kids safe and help them have a ton of fun!
- Keep kids safe along with a team of counselors
- Work closely with fellow counselors, staying in constant communication and cooperating to keep a large camp running smoothly
- Guide campers through fun activities throughout the day according to the schedule
- Communicate information about positive and negative behavior to campers' parents/guardians
- All counselors must be 18 or older.
- To be a Dome camp counselor, you need to be safety-minded, fun, positive, and eager to work with other counselors. You must be able to manage children with calm authority and guide them through a busy, activity-filled day.
- The camp runs Monday-Friday. Counselors work five 8-hour days per week.
Qualifications & Training (all provided)
- First aid, CPR, and AED
- Concussion awareness and prevention
- Criminal background check
- Behavior management
Wage and hours
$16/hour, plus overtime. The job may be full- or part-time, depending on demand.
On May 25, camp training begins! Our experienced staff works closely with our new folks to get everybody ready for an outstanding summer. We cover everything from operating our fun-filled days of activities to safety and behavior management. We dive into the ins and outs of every camp day, covering all our guiding principles and going through minute-by-minute details. Our training partners from Frontier Safety & Supply come in and run a certification-level pediatric first aid course, including CPR and AED practice.
After a long Memorial Day weekend, we’re ready to hit the ground running and start camp on May 30! Monday through Friday, counselors work 8-hour days at The Dome - leaving evenings and weekends wide open to enjoy the great Alaskan outdoors. Camp runs through August 11, when we send our campers back to school and look back on a job well done!