The Dome runs camps for kids ages 6-12 during each of the Anchorage School District's vacations: Summer, Winter Break, and Spring Break. This fall we're also running a camp during the day while schools are closed. We work hard to keep kids safe and help them have a ton of fun!
- Keep kids safe along with a team of counselors
- Work closely with fellow counselors, staying in constant communication and cooperating to keep a large camp running smoothly
- Guide campers through fun activities throughout the day according to the schedule
- Communicate information about positive and negative behavior to campers' parents/guardians
- All counselors must be 18 or older.
- To be a Dome camp counselor, you need to be safety-minded, fun, positive, and eager to work with other counselors. You must be able to manage children with calm authority and guide them through a busy, activity-filled day.
- Counselors must be able to work at least 4 weekdays each week.
Qualifications & Training (all provided)
- First aid, CPR, and AED
- Concussion awareness and prevention
- Criminal background check
- Behavior management
wage and hours
$15/hour, plus overtime. The job may be full- or part-time, depending on demand.