This document describes the role, responsibilities, and benefits of being a volunteer coach in The Dome’s youth flag football program. It contains important information which coaches need to know and understand in order to succeed within the league.
The Dome’s youth flag football program is a recreational sports program for kids. The most important function for a coach in this league is to help kids 1) stay safe, and 2) have fun.
The Dome is a private 501(c)(3) nonprofit company, and can refuse or withdraw service at any time for any reason.
In return for serving as a volunteer coach for The Dome’s youth flag football programs, coaches are entitled to a reduced rate on one youth enrollment.
Coaches are required to meet these minimum expectations of behavior and professionalism. Violations of these expectations can lead to in-game yardage penalties, ejection, or removal from coaching.
At a minimum, coaches agree to:
- Focus on the safety of all players at all times.
- Follow instructions and directions from The Dome staff and management and from game officials at all times and without protest.
- Behave in a grown-up and professional manner and serve as an excellent role model for players, parents, and other coaches.
- Constantly demand and emphasize good sportsmanship and respect for the rules, officials, and opponents. It is unacceptable for coaches to heckle, demean, or otherwise abuse officials or opponents, or to allow or encourage players to do the same.
- Demonstrate a consistently positive attitude when communicating with parents, coaches, officials, and Dome personnel.
- Never use profanity or strong language, and prevent its use by players.
- Be on time for all games and practices, or make alternate coaching arrangements in advance in case of absence.
- Make a genuine good-faith effort to cooperate and collaborate with other coaches and parents throughout the league.
- Maintain communication with parents in a timely and respectful manner.
- Undergo a voluntary criminal background check.
- Complete the “Heads Up” concussion awareness training, and provide the certificate to The Dome.
- Complete training in The Dome’s emergency evacuation procedures.
I have read this entire agreement and I agree to follow it. I affirm that I am volunteering for this position and agree that I will receive no payment or remuneration beyond a discount on one youth player fee. I particularly acknowledge that my own behavior, words, and actions must always be exemplary and in line with the requirements of this agreement.