Reopening Safely Under COVID-19
Hello, Dome users! We are excited to announce that we will be reopening The Dome on Monday, May 18.
In order to keep our staff and our users safe, and to comply with state and local requirements, we’ll be operating with several new safeguards in place. Here are answers to the biggest questions we’ve been hearing already:
Q. What will The Dome be doing to keep users safe and minimize the spread of the virus?
A. The Dome will be reopening under Municipality of Anchorage order EO-09, attachment G, which sets numerous requirements for gyms.
- Everybody entering the building will need to answer some screening questions; these can be done in advance at https://thedome.us/screening/
- We’ll be requiring everybody, staff and users, to wear masks covering their mouth and nose at all times unless they’re actively exercising. This includes while entering and exiting The Dome and while interacting with staff upon your arrival.
- We will be following the social distancing requirements of 6 feet for general movement and 10 feet while exercising. We’ve moved equipment around to make this easier.
- We’ll be continuing to meet or exceed CDC guidelines for cleaning and sanitizing.
- We’ll be sanitizing all equipment in between individuals.
- Our locker rooms will be closed. You should arrive to The Dome dressed and ready.
- Our drinking fountain will be closed, though our touchless bottle filler will be available.
- Our occupancy will be limited to 25% of our capacity.
These new procedures do mean that some activities won’t be possible inside The Dome at this time.
Q. Which activities will be allowed? Which ones won’t?
A. Activities which lead people who aren’t from the same household into the same space or touching the same equipment won’t be allowed.
- You can play sports that share a ball or equipment with members of your household.
- You cannot play sports that share a ball or equipment with people not part of your household.
- You can run with a friend but you’ll have to stay 10 feet apart.
You can read our entire COVID-19 Mitigation Plan here.
Q. What hours will The Dome be open?
A. We have moved to our summer hours. We’ll be open Monday-Friday from 7AM to 7PM, closed on weekends.
Q. The waiver I signed says that I am not entitled to a membership refund or reimbursement in the event of “closure due to a safety concern.” What does that mean for me?
A. The Dome is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) company with very high expenses. However, in this case, The Dome is able to offer membership credits for time lost due to the COVID-19 closure. We respectfully ask that you consider donating your credit to The Dome. But if that is not an option for you, let us know and we can either extend your membership by the number of days you lost or apply a prorated credit to your account. Credits don’t expire, so you can purchase Pass Packs or another membership at any time.
Let us know which open you prefer by talking to our staff while you're at The Dome, emailing us here, or calling us at 907-770-3663. If we don’t hear from you by August 31, we’ll automatically add a prorated credit to your account.
We are grateful to everybody in our community and worldwide who is working so hard to help end this pandemic, in big ways and in small ones. We’re inspired by all the amazing examples of sharing and sacrifice we’ve seen. We can’t wait to see you back inside The Dome!