LEARN ALL ABOUT THE DOME
The Dome is a private 501(c3) non-profit organization whose purpose is to enrich Alaskans’ lives by living healthier through a unique, world-class sports complex.
6501 Changepoint Drive
Anchorage, AK 99518
(September 28 – December 22)
M-TH 7:00 AM – 10:30 PM
F-SAT 7:00 AM – 12:00 MIDNIGHT
SUN 8:00 AM – 10:00 PM
(December 23 – January 5)
M-SUN 8:00 AM – 9:00 PM
12:00noon Early Closure Christmas Eve
Closed Christmas Day
At 180,000 square feet, The Dome is officially the largest sports complex of its kind on the planet. Held down with pipes and cables plunging 40 feet into the ground, supported by pressurized air, The Dome houses a 400-meter USA Track & Field certified track, full-size soccer field, full-size football field, weight equipment, batting cages and much more.
Snow and wind sensors automatically increase or decrease pressure and temperature of The Dome, keeping it at 15 to 17 lbs of air pressure per square inch, creating an hyperbaric chamber.
The Dome’s core values represent the combination of emotional, intellectual, and moral qualities that distinguish both an individual’s and an organization’s character.
- Respect – High regard or esteem for self and others.
- Integrity – Firm adherence to a moral code; incorruptibility.
- Discipline – The intentional commitment to control one’s impulses, emotions, desires and actions.
- Courage – Ingrained capacity for overcoming fear, strain, and difficulty with fortitude, vigor, and humility
- Generosity – Using the resources that we have to benefit others.